The Flats at Old Beach Village
are traditionally designed one-story residences in five-and-a-half
story buildings inspired by historic Virginia Beach. There are
four separate buildings, three of which surround an elegant gated
courtyard accented by brick pavers and a central island with
a water feature.
- The flats are constructed with structural gauge
steel exterior walls and steel studded interior walls with
brick and cementatious board siding and trim, architectural
grade asphalt shingles, metal roof accents and shutters.
home features spacious, private verandas with heavy timber
decking and a powder coated black aluminum rail system.
building has centrally located, private mail boxes.
resident entries are accessed by designer appointed interior
hallways and elevator lobbies.
- Elevators are equipped with coded
locks and resident telephone activated buzzer access.
storage areas on the ground floor are reserved for each home.
home has two designated parking spaces accessed with remote
entry gate openers.
These beautifully designed
residences are rich in detail and interior accents. The Penthouse
homes offer sixth floor mezzanine areas accessed by an interior
stairwell yet each of the designs offer spacious, comfortable
living areas with designer finishes.
Custom Upgrade Details
- Open living, dining and kitchen areas
for casual elegance and extreme livability.
- Two, three or four
bedroom plans with two, two-and-a-half, or three baths.
foot ceilings are joined by walls of smooth finish, painted
- Customized trim is used extensively
and features 4 5/8” crown
moulding in the living area as well as 5 1/4” base
moulding throughout the home.
- Custom plinth and/or architrave
mouldings surround the doors and windows.
- All trim is painted
a white semi-gloss inspired by traditional design.
plank hardwood floors in your choice of finish are featured
in the living room, dining room, entry halls.
- Kitchens feature
hardwood or ceramic tile standard as indicated by individual
- Plush carpet in a selection of colors is offered in the
bedrooms and bedroom closets.
- Penthouses feature oak treads
and handrail with white painted pickets.
- Designer coordinated
brushed nickel lighting fixtures are featured throughout the
- Gas fireplaces with a traditional slate hearth and surround
are complimented by mantel mouldings.
- Each home is pre-wired
in designated locations for internet access, cable television,
telephone and facsimile.
- For your convenience, master bedrooms
are pre-wired for a ceiling fan and dining rooms are pre-wired
for a chandelier.
- Walk-in closets are featured in all units
with master bedroom closets offering double- and single-height
- High efficiency, single-zone Janitrol heat
pumps are hidden from view on the roof of each building.
are pre-finished aluminum clad wood at 8’ height
- Entry doors are solid wood with a
peep hole, doorbell, Kwikset entry
levers anddeadbolt security locks.
- Balcony doors are 8’ tall
with a full glass panel to enhance the natural lighting.
doors are three panel with Kwikset levers.
home features brushed nickel door hardware and hinges.
- A unique selection of wood cabinetry
in a variety of designer finishes as well
as a wide array of cabinet knobs and pulls are available for your selection.
- A selection of solid surface Corian countertops
are available as standard in the kitchen.
- Large kitchen islands have been included
for the “gourmet
chef” in each of us.
- Stainless steel, double bowl sinks
with garbage disposals, and Kohler single-lever
faucets with pull out sprayer are standard in a chrome finish.
- Appliances include a GE dishwasher,
range, and microwave in your choice of black, white or bisque
with options available in style and stainless steel.
- Each kitchen features either under cabinet lighting or a
pendant fixture over the sink.
- There is a generous pantry and/or cabinet equipped with a
Lazy Susan in each kitchen.
- A full-sized, stacked washer and dryer is included in each
- Each bath features wood cabinetry in your choice of finish
with cultured marblewhite on white tops and beveled oval mirrors
- Designer Kohler faucets
with lever handles are featured in all baths.
- Tub/shower combinations are included
in all secondary baths and select master baths.
- An oversized
ceramic shower with a semi-frameless, clear glass shower
enclosure is featured in most master baths.
- Ceramic tile in
3” x 6” ‘subway’ tile
pattern surrounds all tubs and showers while octagon
and dot white on white ceramic tile flooring is featured in
- Kohler Wellworth elongated
commodes are standard and privacy commode spaces are featured
in all master baths.
- Powder rooms feature a Kohler Chablis pedestal
sink and beaded board wainscoting.
- High efficiency, single-zone
Janitrol heat pumps
are hidden from view on the roof of each building.
- Fire and
smoke detection systems as well as sprinklers are in each
- The separation walls are 8” block with solid core-filled
foam and the floors and ceilings are 8” hollow core
concrete planks with a 2” topping; each have
a STC rating of approximately 59.
- The building system
was designed by a structural engineer with windows
and doors that have a DP-50 rating and are constructed
of insulated, laminated, impact resistant glass-
each is designed to withstand 120 mph wind gusts.
- Cabinetry in a variety of woods and finishes
- Countertops in Corian and
Granite and other solid surface materials.
- Decorative ceramic
tile for floors and tub surrounds
- Appliances in various colors,
styles and finishes
- Custom interior paint colors and wainscoting
- Electrical lighting
packages in several styles and finishes
- Custom fireplace hearth
- Plumbing fixtures in various styles and finishes
selections in hardwood, wide plank hardwood, and exotic woods
carpet styles, colors and padding